Friday, December 12, 2008

RIP Bettie Page

Bettie Page

I have no doubt that there's a lot of people blogging on this today. But if you didn't know, Bettie Page died yesterday at the age of 85, resulting from a heart attack. Bettie Page inadvertently turned me into a man. She was that pin-up chick from the 1950's with the bangs and the red lips that oh so many girls try to copy but fail so miserably. But it was Bettie who introduced me to the art of pin-up and fetish photography. This resulted in a Pavlovian-type response in me where I get excited at the cite of a pale skinned, dark haired, banged-up chick with red lips. I have since been reconditioned but Bettie, you permanently changed my sexuality as you have for countless numbers of people. And in that change, you will live forever.

So a toast to Bettie Page! You are beautiful!

No comments:

Blog Archive